Plum Crumble Bar
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 cup oat flour (105 grams) * See note at end
- ⅓ cup lightly packed Sweetnz Stevia drops (approx 8 - 16 drops)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (gluten free)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup melted butter (or coconut oil to make it dairy free)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cups plum compote (below)
3 cups of plums
⅓ cup Sweetnz Brown Sweetener
1-2 Squirts of Sweetnz Vanilla Stevia
2 ½ tsp cornstarch or tapioca starch
- For the compote, combine plums & sugar, in a heavy bottom saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a hard boil, stirring, and let simmer for 10 minutes. Blend cornstarch or tapioca starch with a little cold water just enough to make a thin paste and stir into plums and mix thoroughly. Let cook for 3 minutes longer, until mixture has thickened slightly. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 180 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together oat flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon. Stir in butter and mix so that no white streaks remain. Using the back of a spatula or spoon, pack a heaping cup
- of oat mixture into a well greased 8x8 baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes, until crust is fragrant and lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Top with 1¼ cups of rhubarb compote, then sprinkle the top with the rest of the oat mixture. Bake for additional 25 minutes, or until topping is browned. Set aside to cool, then refrigerate. Then cut. They taste best this way! And it gives them the best texture, firm and sturdy.
*Note: to make Oat flour just put ordinary oat flakes in a food processor and process until a flour is forms.